August 11, 2009

Top (Heavy) Chef

In my old job, I used to complain that it made me fat because I had to eat out all the time. I hated that I was seen as picky if I tried to modify orders or get just a salad – it sucked. However, an article in the Times profiles Padma Lakshmi from Top Chef. While I watch Top Chef every week and drool over the delicious eats, I never before considered the fact that she doesn’t just have a lucky metabolism – she actually has to eat all those fatty foods!

I mentioned last week that I was trying to save on money. What I didn’t mention was that it’s also a chance to try a quick fix to get back into shape. Somehow in my new job, I’ve been losing weight like crazy, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I’m eating light and healthy breakfasts and lunches. I went a little crazy with drinks and appetizers at the wedding, so I’m using my financial motivation to also get myself to avoid eating out and get myself on the right path. My cooking is nothing like the food on Top Chef, but I do think it’s pretty delicious and it’s certainly much healthier!

Question for all of you: I used to post pictures of the recipes I made, along with reviews and my tips for making them healthier. I got a lot of people coming to my blog from Google searches for various recipes, but it seemed like something that was just kind of boring to regular readers. What do you think? Would you like to see me start doing that again?


6 thoughts on “Top (Heavy) Chef”

  1. Sorry, just a few days late! (Not that you wouldn’t know anything about that!) 😉
    But I really enjoyed when you posted about your receipes and the pics – it was a nice way to mix it up! Plus, it’s another way for us to enjoy your blog and your exciting life in NYC! 🙂

  2. My blog is only 66% running related – at best. That is probably mostly due to my randomness, but some due to my diverse following. 75% are runners, but the other 25% could give two shits if I cranked out a 7 mile tempo run at 7:08 pace.

    I say, write about what you like!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join the List

Subscribe for instant email notification of new posts.

Join the List

Subscribe for instant email notification of new posts.

© 2023 by 50by25. All rights reserved. Actions taken from the hyperlinks on this blog may yield commissions for 50by25. View my FTC disclaimer.

Scroll to Top