This weekend is my final marathon when I set the world record… eeek!!!! So much to do (including finish these last few race reports, I know). I’ve been getting really stressed out that I haven’t prepped enough and I’m not ready for this final marathon. But then what comes along to brighten my day… Lemondrop, an affiliate of AOL, just posted a really long interview with me!!!
With that to bolster my spirits and make me feel all famous and special, now I’m just looking for more ideas to make this awesome.
- My friend John (who will be coming to run with me!) suggested getting a prom queen-style sash made to wear during the race, and I think that sounds like a lot of fun. Only concern… is that too goofy? I don’t want to look back on all these pictures in 20 years and wish I had looked like a more serious runner!
- The race organizers are going to play a special song for me as I come down the finish chute. I still have to send it to them, but I’m think I’ll most likely go with Rascal Flatts’ “Stand”, since that got me through so many races and has kind of become my marathon anthem. Good pick?
- The founders of the 50 States Marathon Club, Paula and Steve, are going to be there to present me with a trophy when I finish.
- My mom is coordinating a post-race party at a local brewery – if you’re going to be in Minneapolis, make sure you leave a note on my Facebook fan page and she’ll get in touch with details.
- Speaking of Facebook, the marathon organizers created an application that will automatically post to my status message whenever I cross a chip mat on the course… so if you can’t be in Minneapolis on Sunday, you can still follow along virtually! Again, just make sure you’re a fan of my page.
- I’m also considering bringing my laptop (with webcam) to the post-race party so you can all share in the most important part of the day… the beer! After all, I didn’t call my blog Absolut(ly) Fit for nothing. Does a virtual toast interest anyone here? Would love to get a bloggy thing going if I can figure out the technology!
What else? EEEK! I can’t believe it’s finally almost here!