In true RazzDoodle fashion, here is a bulleted list of my Friday.
- Ate the most perfect carb-loading marathon-prep breakfast ever. Whole wheat french toast, dipped in egg whites (low cholesterol!), then dipped in rolled oats, with low sugar (but none of that fake sugar crap) maple syrup. Topped with fresh strawberries and bananas. I did not make this recipe up – it’s from the Marriott, if you can believe it! Awesome.
- Went to Marathon Sports and picked up my very first stick of Body Glide. Told the cashier, the salesperson, and half the store that I was running my first marathon on Sunday!
- Did some work from my Heavenly Bed at the Westin. In pajamas.
- Joined Runners Lounge. Why have I waited to do this? Until now I’ve just been reading the blog, but the lounge itself is pretty awesome. If you aren’t yet a member, go sign up!
- Got a veggie burger from B.Good for lunch, topped with tons of veggies and a nice carb-y bun.
- Booked a 90 minute massage for Monday when I get back to Boston 🙂
- Spent the afternoon trying to rest and figure out logistics/playlists/etc, but really bouncing all over the room with excitement. What I sent to my friends:
As many of you know, I’m going to be running my first marathon this weekend in Burlington, VT! It should be a lot of fun, what with the free ice cream at the finish (and you all know I’m a sucker for ice cream) encouraging me to run faster. However, I’m anticipating taking about 4 hours to finish, which is kind of a long time to not have anything to do other than keep putting one foot in front of the other. I’ve “worn out” a lot of my favorite running songs on my iPod, so I thought I’d ask you for help.I’d love to have some “handpicked by friends” songs on my playlist to inspire me as I run. If you could send me songs that are upbeat/inspiring/remind me of you/etc, that’d be awesome. My taste is typically country/top 40 pop kind of stuff, but if you have something else you really want to send that’s fine – I like a little of everything, just let me know why you’re sending that song. Give me some reasons to think back on all the great memories I’ve had with you, so that I know you’re cheering me on in spirit! XOXO, Laura
- I have over 2.5 hours of music from my friends, which I’ll complement with a lot of my favorite songs. However, if any of you have a song that I really shouldn’t leave off my playlist (particularly something to make me keep going), feel free to let me know in the comments. After all, I wouldn’t be a crazy running blogger if I weren’t running just to post about it on my blog later, so you could say that I’m running for all of you 🙂 (Well, that and the ice cream).
Off to pasta dinner!